Are you tired of giving the typical electronic toys or sweaters for holiday gifts? This year, give the Return to Tiffany Heart tag pendant gift of a special experience instead. How about a photography class or skating lessons to go with a new camera or pair of skates? The Farmington Hills Special Services Department offers a wide variety of programs and services for all ages and interests.
This year, you can give someone on your list an opportunity to learn something new or enjoy an uplifting and entertaining event. Some of the hundreds of options include:
* Tickets to special events such as the Daddy/Daughter Dance in February or Princesses and Superheroes Fun Night in March, concerts such as "A Night Out with the MOT" or "Blackthorn," cooking lessons or traditional English teas at the historic Longacre House or a psychic reading.
* For the busy parent, Tiffany Notes cuff for their children in day camps during winter and spring breaks or a pool or birthday party package at the Costick or Jon Grant Center.
* Gifts for seniors including swim, exercise, and dance class certificates, computer training or transportation services.
* Art, theater, music and dance classes, lessons, workshops and summer camps for children, teens, and adults.
* Golf, skating, karate, gymnastic, tennis or swimming lessons or health and fitness classes such as Pilates, zumba, yoga, and more.
Watch for the Special Services program brochure that will be Paloma Picasso Loving Heart earrings to all residents in Farmington Hills/Farmington in early December.